Paleo Carrot Cake
- 300 gram almond flour blanched
- 100 gram walnut ground
- 1 tbsp tapioca flour
- 140 gram raisins or sultanas
- 300 gram carrot grated
- 5 large eggs
- 60 ml apricot kernel oil
- 5 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp cinnamon ground
- 1 tsp nutmeg ground
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 400 gram lactose free cream cheese
- 1 ½ tsp cinnamon ground
- 2 tbsp honey
- 6 pcs walnuts cleaned and halved
- Preheat the oven to 170°C.
- Line the bottom of the 19-20 cm springform with parchment paper.
- Mix eggs, apricot kernel oil and honey with electric hand-mixer in a bowl.
- With a spoon mix walnut, raisins and carrot in another bowl.
- Put almond flour, tapioca flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda and salt into big bowl and combine them.
- Add eggs mixture to almond flour mixture and combine with kitchen spoon.
- Add carrot mixture and use kitchen spoon to mix them. Pour the batter into the lined springform and bake it for 45 minutes. Test the cake for doneness with a toothpick. Add 5 minutes more if necessary but be careful, do not dry it out, it has to be moist inside!
- Let the carrot cake cool completely. About 2 hours.
- While the cake cools, make the frosting. Mix the cream cheese, cinnamon and honey in a bowl.
- Cut the cold carrot cake into 3 exactly same thick layers horizontally.
- Divide the cheese frosting into 3 parts and spread the layers and the top with it.
- Decorate with the halved walnuts.
- Put it into the fridge to set for at least 2 hours before serving.
For more wonderful recipes visit https://healthyummyfood.com/recipes/the-best-gluten-free-carrot-cake-ever/