1 ¼ cup boiling water
1 packet dates (chopped)
½ cup pecan nuts (chopped)
1 tsp. Bicarb
¼ pnd. Butter 30ml Denova Macadamia Nut Oil
1 cup castor sugar
1 tsp. vanilla essence
1 tsp. baking powder
1 ½ cups flour
- Add bicarb to boiling water.
- Remove from stove, add dates and nuts.
- Cream together butter, oil and sugar well.
- Add egg and vanilla essence.
- Add date mixture and sifted dry ingredients.
- Pour into a well-greased cake tin and bake at
180 degrees celcius for 30-45 minutes
Garnish with Walnuts or Pecans and with a drizzle of castor sugar over the top.
Denova Macadamia Nut Oil gives a nutty tasteto the cake and contributes to the moistness of the cake.