What is a Buddha Bowl?
A buddha bowl is a one-bowl meal usually served cold.
These bowls contain portions of several types of plant-based ingredients.
The salad are eaten from a bowl with a wide top – that signifies Buddha’s belly!
A typical bowl has 7 key ingredients.
- A base – usually rice ranging from Basmati White or Brown
- A whole grain – Quinoa, Oats and so much more
- Plant-based protein source – Peas like snap peas, snow peas and chickpeas include Tofu or as an non-vegan alternative add eggs or chicken
- Roasted or Fresh vegetables – corn, red onions, cauliflower, sweet potatoes and all sorts of other healthy veggies choose something different to surprise your taste buds include some leafy greens like Kale or Lettuce
- Healthy Fats – Go nuts, Almonds, Walnuts, Cashews and cut Avocado or Chia Seeds
- Microgreens – Some familiar favourites include sunflower, alfalfa, broccoli, radish, mustard greens, arugula/rocket, and coriander. Its a super food and super yummy
- A nice dressing – Salt and Pepper to taste, include any other herbs and as always finish this beautiful salad with a drizzle or a splash of our Denova Culinary Oil Range packed with Omega 3 and 6, our products are naturally cholesterol free | Vegan, Keto and Palio diet friendly.